Thursday, April 23, 2015
Portfolio analysis - how judges pick winning portfolios and sports photos
Part 1:
1. Photographer : Melissa Golden
General focus: Living life as an old person
Problems :
- most important part is out of focus
- too much going on
- Same type just different angles
Judges liked:
- everything needed to know in the picture was there (old man w/ cannula)
- some had amused them
I didn't really like her style of photography, it was pretty plain nothing that really got my attention. Or that made me want to see more of her work.
2. Photographer:Josh Birnbaum
General focus: Not just one focus, mostly about the people in the wheel chairs
Problems:
- needed a better angle
- had a dead look to it, boring all secondary pictures. Their was no emotion, that drew them in
- could have cropped it better
Judges liked:
- some gave a little laugh
- different faces in it
I thought their were a couple of pictures that were really good, but then some just were no point in even taking a picture because it had no point. It seemed like he just needed a photo and took that. I didn't really like it that much.
3. Photographer: Alyssa Schukar
General focus: Eating disorder
Problems:
- not feeling the love or the pain the person is going through
- each picture almost the similar lens, feel, scene setters
- not enough strong singles
Judges liked:
- beautiful background, and the blue pastels
- seeing the girl with just her, and being able to see her legs (she's the main focus)
I thought the pictures were okay, but there were definitely at least two that i thought were really good, but it seemed like the photographer tried to capture feeling in the beginning but it just didn't work out like they hoped. It was okay I wasn't the biggest fan.
4. Winning Portfolio: Dustin Snipes
Judges thought were strengths:
- capturing good focus on the main subject
- capturing whats important, no side trash
- they thought the subjects were interesting
I thought were strengths:
- Capturing moments really well
-getting those good angles that let you see it at a better view
watch video process deciding winner:
Part 2:
I agree w/ judges and describe:
Part 5: RUGBYTECH, i loved the way it looks in black and white, and the details from the dirt, and the hair coming out of his helmet. I like the way, its kinda rustic looking. The judges didn't say much bout this picture but they just said is "God I love that picture" and I would agree with them on that.
one photo what i disagree with the judges, and describe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment